Despite the fact that 30 is generally considered the new 20 these days, hitting the big 3-0 is still a cause of much distress for some people. “What’s the best way to offset that distress?” You might ask. Well, we think we’ve found the answer: a great celebration with lots of thoughtful gifts!
So, if you’ve got a close relative or friend turning 30 soon then read on for a little inspiration on present ideas!
Really, there’s no massive difference in gift giving just because someone is having their 30th birthday. If your relative or friend is quite thick skinned you could play on this by getting them a pipe, a pair of slippers and some reading glasses, but for the sake of being earnest, we’ll give you some unique and serious gift ideas for him.
- Gin – As we age, our tastes change and become more refined, that’s why you should consider getting him a fine gin to replace those wkds. Perhaps you could pair this with an elegant globe bar and cocktail making kit. If he’s not a gin man, maybe an exquisite whiskey is the way to go.
- Suit accessories – A man in his 30’s should be someone who’s sure of himself, someone with a touch more sophistication than was present during his 20’s. That’s why you can never go wrong with some formal suit accessories. Ties, cuff links, belts and smartwatches are always a good choice!
- Hangover cure kit – Sadly, our ability to bounce back after a hard night of partying begins to fade around the 30 mark, if not earlier! So, despite the range of hangover cures out there – some of which are old wives’ tales, and some of which are based in fact – a good idea could be to create your own hangover survival kit. Pop in some painkillers, coffee sachets, a pair of sunglasses, some fizzy soda, and a chocolate bar or two.
- Personalised wine glass – Wine drinking becomes an art as we grow older, so what better way to do it than with your very own glass. The classic ‘small measure – medium measure – Claire’s measure’ is a great way to get her laughing on the big day.
- 30th birthday survival kit – Pack a hamper with 30 awesome gifts for the 30-year-old lady! It could include serious things like anti-aging cream, or quirky items such as a small tube of paint (for painting the town red!).
- Jewellery box – By the age of 30 we’d expect to have a half decent collection of jewellery, so it makes sense to be able to store it somewhere equally as nice. Don’t forget to make it personal for her, try engraving the box with a special message in a classic font.
One of our personal favourites, this one works for both men and women. Get in touch with 30 of the birthday boy/girl’s closest family members/friends and ask them to write or email you their favourite memory of the soon-to-be 30-year-old. In the end, you’ll have a fantastic collection of heartfelt messages that’ll make him or her smile, laugh, cry, or all of the above!
Cook books or cooking classes
Is your friend a maestro in the kitchen? Or is it just a depressing fact that they are turning 30 and still don’t know how to cook? Either way cooking classes or cookbooks should sort that problem out! After all, sprucing up your skills in the kitchen is not only necessary for the taste buds, it will improve your overall quality of life, making it a worthwhile investment!
Whether you are humorous or deadly serious in your 30th birthday gift giving, remember that the real key is to celebrate in style. Make the day memorable and personal for them while taking the focus away from ageing, and you’ll be onto a winner.
How do you like our presents? Let us know in the comments below!