Following on from the success of last week’s live Facebook chat with Annabel Williams, if you missed it you can catch all the action on our Facebook page, we’ve got another treat for you.
We tracked down award-winning landscape and travel photographer David Noton to ask him for his top 5 photography tips. Being as enthusiastic about photography as David is, he was only too happy to help. Here goes!
1) Avoid the temptation to blast away indiscriminately. Use your eyes and think about your composition and the lighting. Shooting loads of exposures hoping something will work just fills the memory card with unwanted pictures.
2) Simple bold compositions always work; cluttered confused ones never do.
3) Follow your instincts and passions. You will always photograph best the subjects or themes which you are most enthusiastic about.
4) Don’t get bogged down with the technicalities. Get out and enjoy your photography.
5) Strive to be original. Producing a picture which is unique to your vision is far more rewarding than merely copying someone else’s idea.
We hope David’s tips inspire you to get out & about with your camera soon. As always please feel free to share your own photos and tips with us!
Of course nothing compares to seeing David’s work live so make sure you book tickets for his Chasing the Light Road Show event in Edinburgh on the 28th September and Andover 10th November.